How We Can Help with COVID-19 Rehabilitation
As a leader in Physical Rehabilitation, we offer treatment for patients recovering from COVID-19 to help them through the physical challenges that can occur from the virus and get them back to the life they knew.
Physical complications after COVID-19 can persist for months or even years, and include impairments of muscle strength, heart and lung capacity, pain, balance, endurance, and walking ability leading to loss of function and independence.
Our highly educated therapists undergo advanced training, which gives them the experience and education to provide you with the highest standard of care. You can be confident that our assessment and recommended treatment plan will help you recuperate and reach your health goals.
When working with our therapists, each patient is evaluated so we can create an individualized treatment plan. For COVID-19 rehabilitation, your treatment may include, but is not limited to:
- Exercise training
- Strengthening of breathing muscles
- Upper and lower body strengthening
- Aerobic exercise and reconditioning
- Balance and body awareness
In order for you, a patient recovering from COVID-19 to be treated in our clinics, you must first have medical clearance and must pass BEST Physical Therapy’s patient screening protocol. You must also pass the CDC guidelines for person’s with COVID-19 under isolation or for persons who have not had COVID-19 symptoms but tested positive and are under isolation.
In order for you, a recovering COVID-19 patient to be treated via Telehealth, you must first have the medical clearance and pass the CDC guidelines for person’s with COVID-19 under isolation or for person’s who have not had COVID-19 symptoms but tested positive and are under isolation.
If you or someone you know is recovering from COVID-19 and experiencing fatigue or loss of function due to the virus, schedule an appointment to be seen in the clinic, or virtually through our Telehealth platform.
Our commitment to keeping patients and employees safe is a priority. As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, we want to take the opportunity to share more details about the comprehensive measures our clinics have implemented while we remain open, including the implementation of a secure Telehealth option for individuals who want to complete their treatment remotely.
- Limiting the number of visitors. Only essential family members or caregivers will be allowed and they will be confined to our waiting area.
- Protecting you with more frequent cleaning with CDC approved cleaning agents is our top priority.
- Emphasis and commitment to keeping our facilities santized.
- Our employees practice good hand hygiene, and we continuing to stock our clinics with supplies. In addition, we are properly spacing equipment, such as treatment tables, to best comply with the CDC recommendations on how to administer safe patient care in a clinical setting.
We encourage patients to call our clinics, request an appointment online to schedule a Telehealth appointment. Our staff is ready to assist expediting care to those who need it. Please note there may be some Telehealth restrictions with treating the Medicare population and these can be discussed with patients at the time of your call.
What You Need to Know About COVID-19