BEST PT is OPEN and working diligently to keep up with the recent changes regarding the COVID-19 virus. We sincerely value the health and well-being of our employees, patients, and community. Per CDC, State of California, and Santa Clara County, we have reviewed the issued “Shelter in Place” order of the Health Officer of the County of Santa Clara County Public Health Department. As healthcare providers in the clinic setting we are exempt and allowed to continue business services under “Section 10, Article b” of the Shelter in Place order. Per CDC guidelines, no gatherings of greater than 10 people are allowed. For further information regarding COVID-19, go to the CDC Website.
BEST PT will remain open and we are expanding our hours toward our previous hours to accommodate your needs. We know that some of you need essential care, but under no circumstances will any person be allowed into the clinic who has symptoms or who may have been exposed to someone with the virus.
- We are limiting the number of people in the clinic at one time. This includes patients, therapists, and staff.
- We have expanded our hours to accommodate your needs.
- In addition to our normal cleaning schedule, we are sanitizing the entire clinic and surfaces 3 times daily using CDC-approved disinfectants. All surfaces including weights and equipment are cleaned after each use.
- Our front office staff is asking you if you have been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, if you have any health issues or are at risk, or if you have a fever. These questions will be asked for everyone’s protection, and certainly not to offend anyone. The guidelines recommend that people over 65 shelter-in-place.
- Please immediately sanitize your hands upon arrival and leaving the clinic. Please bring a mask to wear.
- You will wait in the common lobby area at a distance of 6 feet from others.
- When you arrive, if you appear to our front office staff to have any cold/flu symptoms, please know that you will be asked to reschedule.
- Please remain >6 feet from others in the clinic at all times, and avoid touching additional surfaces. Please no hand shaking.
- If you have questions for your PT, and you wish to stay in shelter-in-place, we will be happy to call to talk with you on the phone. We are offering telehealth to review your exercises, give you advice, instruct you in body mechanics for working at your desk, in the kitchen, around the house or in the garden.
- If you learn that you have come down with COVID-19 and have been in the clinic in the last 2 weeks, please call to alert us immediately.
Kathy Johnson, PT, MSPT, OCS
President BEST Physical Therapy
What You Need Know About COVID-19
Stop the Spread of Germs